Fabrizio Fiorenzano Royal palace Caserta
Fabrizio Fiorenzano

The first floor of the Royal Palace Caserta was intended to house the Royal Apartments of the Bourbon House: that of the Queen occupied the north-west wing, while the Fourth of the King and the Crown Prince were located along the southern façade. Today the Museum of the Royal Apartments is only developed along this last wing, and the tour is divided into an eighteenth-century apartment and a nineteenth-century apartment.

The Royal Park, an integral part of the project presented by the architect Luigi Vanvitelli to the sovereigns, is inspired by the gardens of the great European residences of the time, blending the Italian tradition of the Renaissance garden with the solutions introduced by André Le Nôtre at Versailles.
The works, with the delimitation of the area and the planting of the first plants, began in 1753, at the same time as those for the construction of the Carolino Aqueduct, whose waters, from the slopes of Mount Taburno, would have fed the fountains of the royal gardens.

words by Reggia di Caserta

HIGH RESOLUTION PICTURES (Tiff or Jpeg) are available for sale upon regular request at the address: https://www.frcreations.it/contacts/ using the contact form with subject “Photo request”.

Photos by Fabrizio Fiorenzano


Lascia un commento

Il tuo indirizzo email non sarà pubblicato.